Friday, January 16, 2015

My 2014 Favorites


Happy Friday!
We're already 2 weeks into the new year! 2014 was an amazing year for me and I hope it was for you, too. I hadn't done a monthly favorites since October, so I wanted to do one again, but I had already mentioned many of my December favorites in 'My Christmas Essentials'. That's how I decided to do a 'My 2014 Favorites' including my favorite products and items of all of 2014 per category.

(By the way, my background is the lid of a The Body Shop gift box that I got for Christmas from my cousin. It contains many of their strawberry scented products. It's amazing!)


Entertainment
My favorite book...
last year was 'Teardrop' by Lauren Kate. I read it during summer vacation when I went camping, around the camp fire. It's about a girl, Eureka, who lost her mom after a terrible accident. She's very depressed after that and suddenly this boy, Ander, starts appearing everywhere and Eureka finds out that her mother's death and Ander are connected... That's a very short summary of the book. I certainly recommend it!

My favorite song...
last year was 'Santa Tell Me' by Ariana Grande. I love this song and listened to it very often during the Christmas time.

My favorite movie...
of 2014 was definitely 'Mockingjay part 1'. I saw it with my friend in the movie theater and we kept squeezing each other's hands when something shocking happened. I hope Mockingjay part 2 comes out soon!


Food & Drinks
My favorite snack...
of 2014 was probably mini mozzarella balls. I love mozzarella and I was very excited to find out that they sold mini mozzarella's too! As you might know, I spent Christmas in Barcelona last year, and that's where I discovered them. My family and I ate them almost every day as an after-sightseeing snack.

My favorite drink...
was Chai tea. I looove the spicy taste of it and it just gives me this warm feeling. The cup shown in the picture was the cup I drank my last Chai tea in.

Description of the products is from left to right.
Body Products
My favorite sparkle product...
was this heart shaped 'body tint'. It's a product from Lush and smells like lavender and vanilla, but most importantly: it makes you sparkle all over once you rub it on!

My favorite hair product...
was the Light Elements smoothing fluid from Aveda. I used it almost every day and it smells nice, too.

My favorite lip gloss...
of 2014 was this lip gloss from Rituals (I think its name is 'Pink Violet'). Rituals is a Dutch brand, so I'm not sure if it is available in all countries. I recently used it a lot in combination with some Vaseline, but it looks beautiful on its own, too.

My favorite lotion...
last year was the Nivea Soft lotion, because it has a nice neutral scent and it is a face, body and hand lotion all in one.

My favorite lip balm...
was the EOS blueberry & açai, like I mentioned in 'My October Favorites'. I use it almost every single day. Mine is almost used up though, so if you have any EOS flavor recommendations, let me know!


Let's make 2015 even better than 2014 :) .

Love,
           Mia







No comments:

Post a Comment