Friday, January 2, 2015

The Best of Barcelona


Happy 2015! I hope you had an amazing (& elephantastic) Christmas. I spent Christmas in Barcelona this year. It was beautiful and a lot of fun! (I took a lot of pictures!) My family and I did a lot of sightseeing and ate delicious Spanish food. In this post, I will talk about what I thought was the best of Barcelona per category. 

But first, I want to let you know that yesterday, on New Years Day, I made some changes to my blog. I changed the header a bit (made it bigger and added some text) and made some other little changes. I also added a poll with the question 'What is your favorite season?' because we are still going to experience all the seasons in this new year. I'm going to have new poll every month, because I'd really like to know what you think!


Here we go......



The Best of Barcelona

Sadly, I didn't have a picture of the patatas bravas, but this was the menu of the restaurant.
Best food
In Spain, people eat dinner late and between lunch and dinner they have tapas. Tapas are little food dishes, often shared with others. The tapas in Spain is amazing! My favorite tapas dish is patatas bravas, which are spicy potatoes, and at the restaurant where we ate, with a garlic sauce: allioli and a tomato sauce. Yum!

The Barcelona metro.
Best way to travel
The best way to travel for my family and I was by metro. We did not have a car, so the metro was very convenient. The system was easy to understand and it took us exactly to the places we wanted.

This animal of mosaic is one of the most famous monuments of the park. 
Best park
Barcelona has many pretty parks! My favorite park is Park Güell by Gaudí. It is beautiful! In the park you will find lots of mosaic. There are also a few buildings also designed by Gaudí and many beautiful plants. 


Part of the Sagrada Familia.

Best places to go sightseeing
There are sooo many places to go sightseeing in Barcelona! I actually don't have one favorite (everything was my favorite:) ), but I do have some suggestions of places, where I have gone, too:
· Casa Batlló, a very interesting house designed by Gaudí,
· Camp Nou, the stadium of FC Barcelona,
· La Boqueria, a big food market,
· Sagrada Familia, a big cathedral by Gaudí
· The beach of Barcelona (shown in the title picture), beautiful!

I hope you enjoyed this post! 

Love,
          Mia
















No comments:

Post a Comment